- 85 g egg noodles (this makes 1 generous potion, see note)
Noodle Seasoning (for 85 g noodles)
- 1 tsp garlic oil
- ½ tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp Golden Mountain Sauce
- Scant 1 tsp fish sauce
- A dash black soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
Note: Use thin delicate egg noodles (sometimes labeled "wonton noodles"). Don't use the thick, chewy noodles that are meant for ramen.
- Chinese BBQ pork, store bought, or use this recipe
- Wontons (see recipe here)
- Baby bok choy or other greens of your choice
- Green onion and/or cilantro, chopped
- Ground white pepper
- Chili powder or chili flakes
- Fried garlic (see this recipe @8:51)
Combine all noodle seasoning ingredients in a mixing bowl, set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, blanch the bok choy for 30 seconds. Remove with a skimmer and set aside.
Boil the wontons, if using, until they are fully cooked. Remove with a skimmer and place in a bowl. Toss with a bit of garlic oil to prevent them from sticking to each other.
Blanch the noodles until cooked through (this takes less than 1 minute if using the wonton noodles), drain the noodles well and place them directly into the seasoning bowl. Immediately toss the noodles in the seasoning, be very thorough with the tossing to make sure the sauce is evenly absorbed. Place noodles in a serving bowl.
Place the pork, wonton, and bok choy around the noodles and top with fried garlic, white pepper, chili powder, and chopped cilantro and/or green onions. Serve immediately, enjoy!