- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs (if you want 3 eggs, use an 8-inch pan)
- Chinese sausage, sliced, as much as you want
- Vietnamese ham (cha lua), sliced, as much as you want
- Seasoned ground meat (recipe below)
- Optional condiments: White or black pepper, Sriracha hot sauce, ketchup, Maggi Seasoning.
Seasoned Ground Meat
For 2-3 servings
- 120g ground pork, beef or chicken
- 1/2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Maggi Seasoning or Golden Mountain Sauce
- Optional: 1 finely grated clove of garlic
- 1/2 a green onion, chopped (safe the other half for garnish)
To make the seasoned ground meat: Combine the meat, oyster sauce, Maggi Seasoning, garlic (if using) and and mix well. Add a little water to a saute pan and bring to a boil. Add the meat mixture and cook, stirring to break up lumps. When the meat is fully cooked, remove from heat and stir in green onions.
To prep the sausages: Slice thinly the Chinese sausages and the vietnamese ham, then sear them in a lightly greased pan over medium heat just until they are browned. Remove and set aside.
To make the pan eggs: Heat the pan/serving dish over medium-low heat. If using stainless-steel, to prevent the eggs from sticking, you should heat the pan until hot before adding any ingredients. See video for how to do the water test!
Add the butter, and once melted, add the eggs. Lay the toppings on the eggs and cover the pan. Let the eggs steam for a few minutes until the whites are cooked and the yolk is done to your liking. If you prefer the yolks to be well done, keep the heat quite low to prevent the bottom from burning before the yolks finish cooking.
When finished, remove from heat and garnish with a little extra green onions and white pepper if you wish. Serve with some bread and condiments. Enjoy!