- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp Golden Mountain sauce
- 1 Tbsp water
- ½ cup carrots, "roll cut" (see video for technique)
- ¼ head cauliflower, small florets
- 3 cups cabbage, bite-sized pieces
- 3 stalks Chinese broccoli (gai lan), stems thinly sliced on a bias, leaves roughly torn into chunks
- 10 sugar snap peas, strings removed and cut in half on a shart bias
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, fresh, cut into slices
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- Thai chilies, to taste, crushed with the side of a knife just until broken
- 1 tsp sugar
In a small bowl, combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, Golden Mountain Sauce, and water.
Organize your vegetables in order they are added to the pan: Bowl 1: Carrots and cauliflower together. Bowl 2: Cabbage, snap peas, gai lan stems, and mushrooms. Bowl 3: Gai lan leaves.
In a wok or a large saute pan, turn the heat to medium, add a little vegetable oil, garlic and chilies and saute until small bits of garlic starts to turn golden.
Add carrots and cauliflower; toss over medium heat for about 1 minute, adding a splash of water if the garlic starts to brown too quickly.
Add bowl 2 of vegetables, followed by the sauce and sugar. Toss until the vegetables are almost done to your liking.
Add gai lan leaves, toss just until wilted. Remove from heat and serve with jasmine rice. Enjoy!