- 200g green cabbage, cut into 2-inch pieces (if the stem/rib is very thick cut it smaller.)
- 1 Tbsp good quality fish sauce, see fish sauce I recommend in this "Fish Sauce Tasting" video
- 8-10 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 tsp ground white or black pepper (optional)
- Neutral flavoured cooking oil
- Heat a wok over medium heat and add just a little oil to coat the bottom.
- Add the garlic right away (no need to wait for the oil to get hot) and keep stirring the garlic until the edges start to turn golden.
- Toss in the cabbage, then turn the heat up to high and toss to get the leaves coated in oil.
- Drizzle the fish sauce over the cabbage, add the pepper if using, then keep tossing for 1-2 more minutes, or until the cabbage is done to your liking.
- Remove from heat, plate, and garnish with an extra sprinkling of pepper if desired.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- I prefer Asian style cabbage with more delicate leaves. These are the cabbage heads that look more squat and flat than the more common round ones. But the regular round one will work just fine.