- 1 300-g package soft tofu, chilled, cut into large cubes
- 1 ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp palm sugar, packed, finely chopped
- Thai chilies, to taste, minced
- 1 Tbsp small diced shallots
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 3 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 3 mint leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup small diced cucumber
- 2 tsp very finely diced red bell pepper
- A pinch black sesame seeds for garnish
Arrange tofu cubes on a deep serving plate.
Combine soy sauce, lime juice, palm sugar and minced Thai chilies; stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Add shallots, lemongrass, green onion, cilantro, mint, cucumber, and red bell pepper; stir to combine.
Spoon the herb salad over each tofu cube, then pour the remaining salad and all the dressing around the tofu. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and serve on its own or with hot jasmine rice.