- 5 ½ cup rolled oats (use quick oats for lighter, crispier granola)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup (I use honey)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- 3 cups nuts and dried fruit mix of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C). Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
- Place oats in a large mixing bowl.
- To a small pot, add oil, honey, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Bring to boil over medium heat, just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the honey mixture over oats and stir to coat well.
- Spread evenly onto baking sheets, keep the center of the baking pan empty to make for more even baking.
- Bake for 10 mins, then take the pans out to stir the granola, then bake for another 10.
- The oats should be a little darker in colour when done, you may need to bake for a few more minutes if it's not quite browned yet. Once cooled, it should be crispy.
- Stir in trail mix when cooled.
- Store in airtight container. If you made a lot, consider keeping some in the fridge to prevent the nuts from going rancid. Enjoy!