Well, since we're all social distancing and/or on lockdown due to covid19, filming for HTK has had to be postponed. So I'm home...as we all are. But since the cooking continues, I thought I would share with you anyway what I am cooking! It's not the slick video that you're all used to seeing on my channel, but it's what we can manage right now given the circumstances. Hope this finds everyone well, safe, and sane, and I hope I can provide some entertainment and inspiration while you're all stuck a home!
We just ran out of granola so it's a great opportunity for me to share my recipe with you because this is an AWESOME granola recipe. It's one that I have been making for years and years because it is so good, and hubby loves granola and yogurt for breakfast! Granola is a great thing to make during this time as it uses only pantry, shelf-stable ingredients. You can change up the dried fruit and nuts to whatever you have, change up the spices, and you can even change the honey to maple syrup for a different flavour or for a vegan version as well!
Watch The Full Video Tutorial!
All my recipes come with step-by-step video tutorials with extra tips not mentioned in the blog post, so make sure you watch the video below to ensure success - and if you enjoy the show, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel. Thank you!Print
- 5 ½ cup rolled oats (use quick oats for lighter, crispier granola)
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup (I use honey)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp vanilla
- 3 cups nuts and dried fruit mix of your choice
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C). Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper.
- Place oats in a large mixing bowl.
- To a small pot, add oil, honey, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla. Bring to boil over medium heat, just until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the honey mixture over oats and stir to coat well.
- Spread evenly onto baking sheets, keep the center of the baking pan empty to make for more even baking.
- Bake for 10 mins, then take the pans out to stir the granola, then bake for another 10.
- The oats should be a little darker in colour when done, you may need to bake for a few more minutes if it's not quite browned yet. Once cooled, it should be crispy.
- Stir in trail mix when cooled.
- Store in airtight container. If you made a lot, consider keeping some in the fridge to prevent the nuts from going rancid. Enjoy!