Watch The Full Video Tutorial!
All my recipes come with step-by-step video tutorials with extra tips not mentioned in the blog post, so make sure you watch the video below to ensure success - and if you enjoy the show, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel. Thank you!
- 10 large dried chilies, seeds removed, cut into 1" chunks, and soaked in water to re-hydrate
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- Ginger, peeled and sliced into rounds, 10 pieces
- Fresh turmeric, peeled and sliced into rounds, 8 pieces
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 1.5 Tbsp coriander seeds, toasted
- 3 pods black cardamom, seeds removed from pods and toasted
Char the ginger, shallots and turmeric slightly by searing, broiling or grilling. Set aside.
Grind the toasted black cardamom seeds and coriander seeds in a mortar and pestle, remove and set aside.
Drain the dried chilies well and pound together with the salt in the mortar and pestle. Add the ginger, shallots, and turmeric, and the dry spices. Pound to a fine paste.