1 pc 8-oz grilled steak (see recipe)
Nam Jim Jeaw
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp tamarind juice – you can buy the pre-made one or make your own from the pulp.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp palm sugar, finely grated or finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp finely sliced shallots
- Chili flakes, to taste
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp toasted rice powder (see recipe)
To make Nam Jim Jeaw, mix all ingredients together and stir well. If you’re making the dip in advance, don’t add the green onion, cilantro and toasted rice powder until you’re ready to serve.
Thinly slice the steak against the grain about 1/8″ thick. Arrange the pieces nicely on the serving plate and serve with the Nam Jim Jeaw and sticky rice.