Glass Noodle Stir-Fry ผัดวุ้นเส้น (pad woon sen)
- 40g glass noodles, dry
- 170g chicken or other protein, marinate in 1 tsp soy sauce or fish sauce while you prep other ingredients
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- ½ Tbsp Golden Mountain Sauce or Maggi
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ small onion, julienned
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cabbage, bite-sized
- 1/3 cup carrots, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tomatoes, wedges, seeds removed
- 1-2 green onions, green part only, 1/2-inch pieces on a bias
Soak glass noodles in room temperature water for 10 minutes until soft and pliable. Drain, then cut the noodles with scissors to shorten them.
Mix together oyster sauce, soy sauce, Golden Mountain Sauce in a small bowl.
Heat oil in a wok or a large saute pan, when hot, add garlic and onions and cook until garlic starts to turn brown. Add chicken, and cook just until the pieces are well separated. Push everything in the pan to one side, add a little more oil in the empty space, and add eggs. Let the eggs set about half way, then scramble and mix with the chicken. When eggs are done, add cabbage, carrots, and half a tablespoon of the sauce mixture; toss quickly just to mix. Add noodles, followed by the sauce, sugar, and white pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until the noodles are done and have absorbed all the sauce.
Add tomatoes and green onions, toss just to heat through for 10-15 seconds. Remove from heat and plate.
Glass Noodle Stir-Fry ผัดวุ้นเส้น