Jump to video!
Watch The Full Video Tutorial!
All my recipes come with step-by-step video tutorials with extra tips not mentioned in the blog post, so make sure you watch the video below to ensure success - and if you enjoy the show, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel. Thank you!Print
Thai Tuna Salad ยำทูน่า (yum tuna)
- Yield: Serves 2
- 2.5 Tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 Tbsp fish sauce (may vary depending on how salty the tuna is)
- 2 tsp granulated sugar or finely chopped palm sugar
- 1 Tbsp Thai chili paste (also used in Tom Yum Soup and Cashew Chicken)
- Optional: finely chopped Thai chilies
- 140g canned tuna, drained (about 1 can)
- ¼ white sweet onion, julienned
- 1 small tomato, cut into small wedges
- 1 stalk Chinese celery, or inner stalk and leaves of regular celery
- Bottom 2 inches of lemongrass, finely sliced
- 3 Tbsp roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon julienned shallots
- 3 Tbsp roasted peanuts, cashews or other nuts of your choice
- Lettuce leaves for serving
Combine all dressing ingredients together in a mixing bowl, stir to dissolve the sugar and the chili paste.
Add all other ingredients except peanuts to the mixing bowl and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Transfer on to a plate and sprinkle with roasted peanuts. In the video I show you how to make little lettuce cups with the tuna salad, but you can also have it with rice, or use as a filing for tacos, wraps, or other appetizers.
Leave a Reply