- 2 packs (55g each) Mama instant noodles, see note (Buy Mama noodles online)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- ¼ onion, julienned
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, cut into bite-sized wedges
- 5-6 sprigs cilantro chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine both garlic oil packets that come with the noodles, 1 1/2 – 2 seasoning powder packets, sugar, and as much of the chili powder as you like. Note: If you don’t like salty foods, use only 1 1/2 packet of the seasoning powder to start, and you can add more later if it’s not salty enough.
- Break the noodle block into quarters.
- Bring a pot of water to a full boil and blanch noodles for exactly 1 minute, just until the noodles loosen up and separate from the block shape. Drain immediately into a sieve and run cold water through them for 5 seconds just to cool it down slightly. Shake off as much of the water as possible and add to the mixing bowl with the seasoning in it; toss until the noodles are well coated.
- In a wok, add a little oil and saute garlic over medium heat until garlic starts to turn golden.
- Add onion, carrots and cabbage and toss to mix. Add the soy sauce and fish sauce and keep tossing for 1 more minute until the veggies start to look wilted.
- Push the veggies to the side of the wok, then add a little oil in the empty space and let the oil heat up a bit. Add the eggs to the oil, break the yolks and let the eggs set halfway.
- Add the noodles on top of the eggs, let it cook another 15 seconds, then toss everything together. Keep cooking until the eggs are fully cooked and browned slightly. Do not stir all the time, let the noodles sit and sear a couple of times so you get some browned bits which add flavour.
- Once done, turn off the heat and toss in the tomatoes, green onions and cilantro.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. If it needs extra seasoning you can add a bit of fish sauce or soy sauce to bump up the seasoning, or the extra seasoning powder if you held some back.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- I’m using pork flavoured Mama which is the classic, but you can use any other flavours that use wheat fried noodles.
Keywords: noodles, stir fry, mama, ramen, instant noodles