Watch The Full Video Tutorial!
All my recipes come with step-by-step video tutorials with extra tips not mentioned in the blog post, so make sure you watch the video below to ensure success - and if you enjoy the show, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel. Thank you!
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 cup (240 ml) whole milk
- ½ cup (120 ml) whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp condensed milk (45 ml) (can put more or less to taste)
- ½ tsp agar agar powder (2.5 ml) (see note)
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) gelatin powder
- Flavourings of your choice (optional): vanilla, almond, etc.
- ¼ cup (60 ml) whole milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) whipping cream
- Scant 1 Tbsp (15 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- Fresh fruit: Strawberries, mango, peaches, kiwi.
- Canned fruit: jackfruit, lychee, fruit cocktail
- Nata de coco
- Attap seeds, canned
- Lemon basil seeds/chia seeds (soaked in hot water for 10 mins until a clear gel forms around the seeds)
Pour about 2-3 tablespoon of the water into a small bowl, then sprinkle gelatin on top evenly and let it sit for 5-10 minutes to hydrate.
Meanwhile, add the remaining water into a small pot and stir in agar agar powder.
Add milk and whipping cream, then stir over medium high heat until it comes to a boil. (Be careful, it will boil over quickly.) Turn the heat down and let it simmer for 1 minute to ensure that all the agar agar powder has dissolved. To check that the agar agar has dissolved, you can use a metal spoon to scoop up some mixture and pour it off, and there should be no tiny granules stuck to the spoon.
Turn the heat off, then add the hydrated gelatin along with all the water, and stir for 1-2 minutes until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Add condensed milk and flavourings of your choice, then taste and adjust as needed. Pour into single-serving cups, making sure it’s no more than ⅔ full so you have lots of room for the toppings. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until cold.
Meanwhile, stir together the sauce ingredients until the condensed milk is completely dissolved. If the condensed milk won't dissolve fully, briefly warm up the mixture in the microwave to help it dissolve. (Just 10-15 seconds, it can boil over if it gets too hot!). Refrigerate until ready to use.
To serve, make sure the pudding and the sauce are cold! Cut your toppings into small dice then arrange on top of the pudding. Pour about 1 tablespoon of the sauce gently down the side of the fruit. Enjoy!