Jump to video!
Watch The Full Video Tutorial!
All my recipes come with step-by-step video tutorials with extra tips not mentioned in the blog post, so make sure you watch the video below to ensure success - and if you enjoy the show, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel. Thank you!Print
Spicy Steak Salad ยำเนื้อย่าง (yum neua yang)
- Yield: Serves 2-3
8-oz piece of grilled steak (see recipe)
- ½ cup julienned onion, you can use white, yellow or red onion
- ¾ cup tomatoes, you can use halved cherry tomatoes or cut up big ones
- 1 cup Chinese celery or the inside stalks & leaves of a regular celery, cut into 2" pieces
- ¼ cup roughly chopped, roasted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
Yum Dressing (Nam Yum)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1.5 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar or palm sugar*
- Thai chilies, finely chopped, to taste
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the Yum dressing ingredients. Add onion, tomatoes, Chinese celery, green onions and cilantro to the bowl and mix with dressing.
Slice up the steak against the grain, about ⅛" thick. Add to the bowl, and toss.
Top with the roasted peanuts.
* if you're using palm sugar, you can grate the palm sugar with a fine grater or a Microplane zester so that it dissolves more easily in the dressing. The grated palm sugar will be very fluffy so pack it down a bit when measuring.
I’m not a big fan of Chinese celery, so naturally amongst all types of Thai salads, yum is not my favourite, but the steak brightens it up with that meaty flavour, yummy.